Are you strapped for cash? Then you could make money selling pictures of your feet!! Believe it or not, feet pictures are very popular. If you’ve got access to great feet and a decent camera you may be able to make money from them.
Below I share the low down on rights and wrongs of selling your feet pictures. Where & how to sell them. When it might be illegal. If you are a student or under 18 there are limited places to sell your pictures online. These are mentioned below. As well as great places to make money for adults.
So, if you want to make money selling pictures of your feet below some great ideas that you can use to do that.
- 1 Make Money Selling Pictures of Your Feet Even If You Are a Student
- 2 How Much Money Can You Make Per Picture?
- 3 Should Under 18s Sell Feet Pictures?
- 4 Where to Sell Your Foot Pictures For College Students Aged 17
- 5 When It Is Illegal or Undesirable to Sell Pictures of Your Feet
- 6 Is It Illegal For a Minor (Uner 18 or 21) to Sell Feet Pictures?
- 7 Where To Sell Feet Pictures Online If You Are An Adult
- 8 How Much Should You Charge For Feet Pictures?
- 9 Sell Your Feet Photos on Craigslist
- 10 How to Sell Pictures of Your Feet
- 11 Tips on Selling Your Feet Pictures
Make Money Selling Pictures of Your Feet Even If You Are a Student
How you make money selling feet pictures is different for each age group so I have split it down. Also, there are different laws that affect what you can and can’t do and why.
Top Reasons Why People Buy Feet Pictures
- They need them for their website or blog. They may need to illustrate an article.
- The picture can be for a magazine article.
- For advertising.
- Some people have a foot fetish and enjoy looking at pictures of feet.
This is a great opportunity for the foot photographer or budding model to make money.
How Much Money Can You Make Per Picture?
The amount of money you can make varies a lot from a few $ to a lot of dollars. It depends on where & how you sell your images and how many you sell.
Should Under 18s Sell Feet Pictures?
My view is no you shouldn’t. You should wait until you are 18 or of age if different than 18. With the Exception of the student site mentioned in the 17-year-old student section. While as listed above there are lots of good reasons for buying feet pictures there are also some very dodgy ones.
I saw a great piece of advice for those in this age group recently.
- That was to join a site that allows those in this age group to share pictures but not sell them.
- To build up your portfolio and gain a good reputation so that when the time comes to sell you are already well-known.
I have also seen lots of enterprising youngsters under 18 doing well online with lots of different things.
I recommend you talk it through with your parents and decide together.
If you do decide to continue there are sites suggested below that you can relativity safely sell you images if you follow their guidelines.
Where to Sell Your Foot Pictures For College Students Aged 17
While you can use the list of websites listed at the bottom of the post under the Ages 13 to 17 you also have the following option:
There are some sites that do allow college students to contribute their photos they have special schemes for it. Below I have listed site that sells foot pictures and those that allow in some form minors to use them and those that don’t.
Alamy. Normally, 18 however they have a student program where students Can sell their pictures.
When It Is Illegal or Undesirable to Sell Pictures of Your Feet
- If you are asking is it illegal to sell pictures of your feet? In countries like the UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada, it’s likely to be OK to sell your foot pictures and be perfectly legal.
- An easy way to tell is to search through your foot pictures on your chosen stock website.
- If they are well-known and reputable and sell in your country, and they have lots of them then it’s is OK in your country.
- If you are in the type of country that has strict dress code laws for women then there’s every likelihood that it will be illegal and you will not be able to sell them.
Is It Illegal For a Minor (Uner 18 or 21) to Sell Feet Pictures?
If you’re a minor under the age of 18 (21 in some countries) most websites won’t let you join as a contributor or even to buy photos. There are lots of issues with dealing with minors and lots of laws to protect them from dodgy characters. Some sites say it’s OK to go on the site if you have parental consent.
Where To Sell Feet Pictures Online If You Are An Adult
Stock Libraries Online are a great place to start. You can also sell them privately or to publishers.
11 Great Stock Libraries & Stores For Selling Your Feet Pictures
A great place for selling feet pictures is online. There are lots of well-established stock photo websites where you can submit your feet photographs and the age to join as a contributor.
- Dreamstime (Not allowed to use the site unsupervised and are requested not to register)
- Alamy (Normally, 18 however they have a student program)
- Shutterstock (18)
- Getty Images (18)
- Bigstock (18)
- Photofolio.co.uk (Found no age mentioned on this site)
- Adobe Stock (18)
Disclaimer: This is for information only, please read their terms and conditions for contributors before signing up to their sites.
How Much Should You Charge For Feet Pictures?
Stock Libraries Are Popular Places to Sell
If you are selling to stock libraries online they tend to set the prices for your photos. If your photos become more popular the amount people have to pay for them then goes up. This will depend on the site that you choose to sell your photos.
There are a lot of variables to how much money you make. It will depend on:
- The Library you choose as each will have different selling structures.
- How popular your image is with buyers.
- The size of your image.
- The license you sell your image under.
- if you choose to market it yourself to increase sales.
- The exclusivity of your image.
Use Online Stores For Added Sales
If you’re selling places like Zazzle or CafePress you can set your price to a degree, but they mostly depend on the article that you are selling.
You can make 10%+ on each thing you sell.
Advantages of selling in stores:
- You can sell on other things bedsides a straight image. This gives you the chance of more sales.
Sell Your Foot Images Privately (Offline)
If you are personally selling your photo to a buyer or producer. How much you charge will depend on you and the buyer. What the quality of your photos are like and where you live will all have factors in the overall price that you can charge.
Some people don’t recommend that you use free information to price your photos. They are very good quality software packages out there that will help you to price photos. However, if you’re just starting out you might not want to pay out for these.
Fix the photo has a very good page of advice on how to price photo packages and prints its well worth taking a look.
When working out how much to charge for your photo remember that you need to include for other things such as your own time packaging if it’s a printed item, the actual cost of printing frames and any other fees.
Sell Your Feet Photos on Craigslist
You can sell virtually anything you want to on Craigslist. However, you need to be over 18 years old in order to do so. Oddly enough people do sell their feet photos on Craigslist.
Remember to check the licensing agreement when you sell your photos.
When you sell your photos make sure that the people buying them know the license that they are purchasing. Do not sell the copyright of your photo.
The advantages of Craigslist.
- You get all of the profits from your sale.
What to Do If You Want to Sell Photos of Someone Else’s Feet?
If, you want to sell pictures of someone else’s feet you can. You can sell pictures of them from any age from baby through to maturity. However, you need to have a signed model release form, and if dealing with a minor parental consent as part of that form. The model release form gives permission for that picture to be published so if you want to sell it you need one so that the purchaser has been given a legal right to use that photo in a specified manner.
How to Sell Pictures of Your Feet
This article shows several places that you can sell your pictures once you’ve taken them. Best to check out their guidelines and find out the technical specifications for those pictures. You need to know the sizes, quality, and other requirements, etc.
Find Out What Sells
Check out all the pictures they’re selling of feet to see what kind of things sell. Do you want your feet to be bare or do you want your feet to have shoes? People with foot fetishes will probably want bare feet. However, lots of images of feet with shoes also sell. Also, how are your feet going to be shown? Are they going to be on their own shared with other feet for example? Are they going to be in puddles or on the bed or in the bath or on a sofa etc?
Are Your Feet Good Enough?
Will your feet look great in pictures? If they do you might be onto something, if they don’t you might like to team up with a friend and photograph their feet instead.
Next, Take Killer Pictures of Your Chosen Feet
If you want to sell pictures of your feet the first and you have to do is to get some killer pictures of them.
Now its Time To Sell
Next Check out the sites here on this page that you can sell you pictures on.
Tips on Selling Your Feet Pictures
- If you are selling on stock libraries make sure you have lots, and I mean LOTS of photos.
- Make sure they are quality images.
- Check out the needs of the site and make sure you comply with them. If you don’t you will get rejected and waste your time.
- Use Instagram as a great way to create a brand. Lots of professional photographers use Instagram.
- Provided your library is OK with it sell your images in several different places.
- Don’t expect miracles id takes time and effort to create an online business.
Safety Warning for Minors:
Please note that while there are lots of innocent reasons for feet photos there are people out there that have foot fetishes. So check with parents or guardians and make sure you are safe and they are happy for you to do it. Do not personally engage with anyone or meet them and keep to the terms of the website. Do not sell offline. Be careful. The rules are there to protect you from these types of people. Personally, I recommend that you practice your art but wait until you are older to sell it.
Where You can Sell Things If You are Aged From 13-17
This site https://www.depop.com/ allows youngsters aged 13 who can legally enter into a contract to sell things on it. You can sell your images here.
Other Websites Teens Can Use To Sell Your Feet Images Ages 13 to 17
While most popular for feet pictures as the stock libraries the below sites do sell feet photographs:
- Zazzle — 13 to join 18 to purchase goods and services.
- Cafepress — age 13 to join but 18 to contribute.
- Etsy — Etsy may not be the first choice for those wishing to sell foot photography, however, they do have foot images and as a minor, you can use Etsy to sell provided you have supervision of a parent or guardian.
- eBay — As a minor, you can’t have an account or sell, however you can use an adult account with permission to sell your items, they are responsible for the sales. There are foot photos for sale on eBay.